PINATA allows you to invite or add a team member at any time. Simply hit the gear box in the top right-hand corner and select "My Company"
From the next screen, hit Invite Team Members:
This will open a pop up where you can enter email addresses to add members to your team. After entering all emails, you will be prompted to select a permission level.
- Owner This is an account owner and typically the initial user(s) who signed up for PINATA. They have access to all current and future programs (including those they themselves did not create), as well as all features and controls. They can also change the status of any user or remove any user from the organization.
- Administrator Much like an Owner, an Administrator has access to all current and future programs (including those they themselves did not create), as well as all features and controls. Admins can also change the status of any user (who is an Admin or below) and remove any user from the organization.
- Manager A Manager has full program control (including the ability to create new programs or edit existing ones) -- but only for those programs to which they are given access. Managers' program access can be selected from the My Company dropdown and designated by an Admin/Owner. Any new program they create will only be visible to them and Admins/Owners, but not other Managers. Managers can edit/invite users who have a status lower than their own, include Members and GoGetters.
- Member Members are users of your dashboard who do NOT have the ability to create new programs, but can still book gigs on the programs to which they are given access. Members' programs can be designated from the dropdown in My Company in the same manner as a Manager above. Members can only invite/edit GoGetters.
- GoGetter (applies to self-service and agency only) A GoGetter is a member of your roster and can only perform gigs in the field. They cannot access your dashboard at all and can only be assigned gigs, check in, complete reports, and check out via gogetter.gopinata.com. These users have no visibility or control of any other user or gig other than to which they are assigned.
NOTE: When inviting a new user, you can't assign them until they've finished setting up their account. Similarly, if the user's email is light grey in the list of team members, this means they have not yet completed setting up their account from the invitation.
If they already had an active account when you invited them to join your roster, then you can start assigning right away!